Sunday, November 1, 2009

What I'm reading


I felt bad that I hadn't yet read The Life Of Pi by Yann Martel. I've been hearing about this wonderful book since its winning the Man Booker in 2002, and Yann Martel is an author I deeply respect, notably for his incessant promotion of culture to our country's leaders in Ottawa. In 2007, following a prime ministerial snub of the Canada Council for the Arts, he started sending, every 2 weeks, a book to our Prime Minister Stephen Harper to show him that culture is important and vital. Harper has never, to my knowledge, acknowledged.
The book is inspiring, touching, intelligent, poetic, philosophical, amazing. My boyfriend was reading it in French (translated by Martel's parents) and I realized that we also owned the original English version.
Read this book and you'll be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment